Cat or cats is a pet that many of us like to raise at home, a thin animal that needs constant care and attention from the person who raises it and may have some problems or disorders requiring special care.
Diseases affecting cats:
Arthritis is the inability of a cat or cat to move or long forward to the pain it feels in its joints. But the disease is less common among cats than dogs because the stature of cats is not long.
Causes of Arthritis in Cats:
- when the age of it.
- Upon injury or accident.
Symptoms of Arthritis:
- Difficulty in raising the cat.
- frequent movement to warm the joints.
- The situation worsens in cold and humid climates.
Treatment of Arthritis:
- Heating the cat by any means available to you.
- work to reduce weight, the thinness is required in this case to lose weight from the joints.
- resort to anti-inflammatory drugs after veterinary counseling.
- Do not try to give it cod liver oil because it may cause it to be poisoned with vitamin A if given excessively.
Blindness in cats:
Your cat may be blinded without feeling for a long period of time, due to its super-ability to adapt to everything that surrounds it. And its physiological composition helps them to adapt, and they are two members: Sharpe and hearing, especially if blinded.
Causes of blind cats:
- Bluewater (although rarely occurring in cats).
- when the age and the incidence of diseases of the retina.
- the incidence of tumors on the eye.
- Kidney disorders.
- Thyroid disorders.
- High blood pressure which causes the rupture of the retina and loss of vision quickly.
Treatment of blindness:
- the work of medical tests, especially blood tests that may reflect other medical disorders.
- survival of the cat inside the house.
- Do not try to change the status of furniture of the house so as not to collide with it to get used to the old places.
- Place the bedding and the food bowl in the same place.
Did you taste your cat … The answer may be no and maybe yes … Even if it is yes, the chances of being infected with influenza exist and inevitable.
Symptoms of Influenza:
- Nominated in the nose.
- tears in the eye.
- Frequent sneezing.
- loss of appetite.
- blocked the nose.
- Tongue inflammation.
Treatment of influenza:
- Clean the eyes and nose with a wet cotton cloth.
- Put the cat in a room with air and sun (well ventilated).
- cleaning the scalp of the cat every day if she is serious will not be able to do so. Provide warm foods such as sardines.
- exposure to warm water vapor to inhalation because this stops leaching.
- If the cat abstains from eating and drinking you must resort immediately to the veterinarian because this means the beginning of the drought.
Constipation is one of the diseases of aging in cats, and its causes are due to:
- Age increases.
- Back pain.
- fractures in the pelvis.
- Also common among cats with long hair to be insects.
- combing the cat’s scalp to prevent the formation of insects.
- Put laxatives in food twice a week.
- work to reduce the weight of the cat if it is fat.
- If the cat does not exercise a lot of movement, you have to stimulate the exercise of vital activities.
- Direct observation of the cat bed.
- If the cat does not perform the procedure for three days, visit your veterinarian immediately.
One of the most common dental problems that cats suffer from when age is tooth decay and gum infections. The treatment is limited to two points in the description of antibiotics and the removal of teeth after giving a dose of the drug. Sometimes the veterinarian performs blood tests to check kidney and liver function, giving intravenous solutions during surgery to maintain kidneys.
Follow these steps to prevent tooth decay and gum infections:
- Customize the toothbrush for the cat for daily cleaning.
- Note gums and infection with inflammation weekly.
- to keep the cat dry food to prevent any future problems in the teeth.
- If the cat suffers from pain in the mouth you should resort immediately to soft foods easy chewing.
- When the cat is unable to chew the food as a result of the painful gum pain, it is better to take the fluids after consultation with the veterinarian.
You may notice abnormal symptoms on your cat as you age, so do not worry or be confused …
These symptoms may resemble convulsions and are characterized by:
- falling on the ground.
- moving the legs.
- Peeing on the ground.
- Once this bout is over, calm down the cat and take it to your veterinarian within 24 hours.
Causes of seizures:
- Brain tumors.
- Kidney and liver diseases.
If you have an epileptic seizure, follow these steps:
- Trying to keep it away from high voices.
- Calm lighting.
- Removal of furniture.
- Remove the hand from the mouth of the cat because it can bite you.
- Involvement of the cat until it awakens from its attack so as not to be harmed.
- Note what actually happened during the seizure, and the duration of the continuation until the veterinarian helps in the diagnosis.
How do you know your cat has any cancerous tumors? In the usual way in humans with a simple hand examination to find out if there is subcutaneous, especially in the abdomen. In most cases, these tumors are cancerous tumors that require immediate recourse to the doctor.
Treatment of breast tumors:
Is to get rid of this tumor by conducting urgent surgery by a veterinarian who will, in turn, ask: 1. Blood tests. X-ray (X-ray) to ensure the spread of cancer.
Cats are affected by this disorder, which may seem strange for two reasons:
1- The first: kidney problems.
2 – the second: the infection of worms.
Kidney dysfunction is one of the most common problems that cats experience when they get older and the cat urinates frequently and is thirsty.
Symptoms of Kidney Disorders:
1 – urination a lot.
2. Growing thirst and drinking from water taps.
3- Loss of weight.
4 – loss of appetite.
Treatment of Kidney Disorders:
- Provide foods rich in proteins such as white fish or chicken, or consult a doctor in a medical diet.
- Do not deprive the cat from drinking water.
- Note the weight of your cat.
- Note the loss of appetite Cat.
- Examination of teeth to make sure there is no inflammation of the gums, which is a sign of the beginning of kidney problems.
- Use your veterinarian to perform blood and urine tests.
If the cat catches her at an early age, her illness will be rare and quite the opposite.
Symptoms of Worms:
- secretion of a pus from her vagina.
- suffering from indigestion and frustration.
- loss of appetite.
- Increased thirst.
Treatment of this infection:
- immediate surgical removal of the uterus.
- Eradicate her ovulation, which is still young.
- If the cat gives birth, this is done after the end of the period of childbearing.
Growing thirst may find a common characteristic of many diseases in cats:
- Kidney disease.
- Worms infection.
- Diabetes diseases.
- Liver diseases.
- All of these symptoms can only be diagnosed through blood tests.